Sometimes a little DIY is all you need to give your home that perfect lift. With the colder night’s drawing in, why not start by upgrading some of your lighting. Here are a few quick and easy lighting enhancements that you can make this weekend.
- A simple lightbulb change can give any lamp, fixture, or fitting a brand-new feel – see our previous blog on antique lighting for a full low down.
- Playing around with colour temperatures can give your space a brand-new feel, even a small change can make a huge difference.
- Get your LED on – upgrade your recessed light fittings into LED, simply take the trim off, unscrew your old bulb and screw in the LED. You could even upgrade to Bluetooth LED Speakers,have new lighting as well as your music all around the home, and best of all syncing these speakers with your phone will take about 10mins!
- Upgrade your outdoor area with a simple to hang patio string lights set… hang in place, screw the bulbs in and… voila! You’re good to go!
- Think about using LED tape lighting to create accent lighting – this simple adhesive tape quickly highlights bookshelves, art, kitchen cabinets and so on… and, also comes as a waterproof version, can even be used for water features.